SHS Today

• NO SCHOOL Monday, January 21st

Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

Joshua Park, Author

Laurel Correa is currently a senior here at Seward High School. A prominent author for the “Student Opinion” section in our own site SHSToday, Laurel is a leading character in our editorial and has a lot of opinions to voice out on many different perspectives on life. I decided to venture out and ask her some questions to see what she has to say on them, and the responses painted a vivid and clear picture of a smart, sensible and thoughtful senior.

Laurel Correa describes herself prominently as quiet when talking about her personality (though she also notes that she can be ‘pretty grumpy’ when at home). When asked about what her favorite subject is when talking to people, she replied that she likes when they talk about themselves, “I consider myself more of a listener than a talker,” she states. Though to mistake this quietness for anything other than a part of her character is simply not true. Behind a quiet exterior comes a very logical and thoughtful personality that loves to observe and portray her’s as well as many other students’ voices on a variety of matters. Much of that shows in the articles published by Laurel on SHSToday, which expertly takes several students’ (including herself’s) opinions and views on topics ranging from a absurdly sized tree bigger than a mall to global warming and 9/11. When given many pressuring questions during the interview, Laurel naturally gave calm and logical answers. When asked if she would delete any word from the English language, she smartly chose the word “moist”, and when questioned on what the first thing she would do would be if she won ten million dollars, she simply replied with “I would put it in a savings account”.

Not one to take sides easily however, Laurel respects all perspectives and opinions on any issue. She also tries to implement this mindset within her own choices. For example, she considers herself equally a summer and winter person. She also, however, seems to take any opportunity she can get to experience new things and see new perspectives. Dubai is one of the top dream locations on her list to visit currently, but she also remarked that she would “go all over the world” if she had the ability to.

Like many other students, Laurel prepares plans for the winter. While she does not have a favorite Christmas movie, Laurel says that she likes Christmas, but it isn’t one of her favorite holidays. She also notes that her family usually follows the basic traditions for the event, having the tree and presents ready for the holiday in advance. When asked about plans for the closely approaching winter break, Laurel states that she might go to Colorado Springs.

1 Comment

One Response to “Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa”

1. Laurel Correa on December 19th, 2018 10:44 am

Love it! Well put together in the amount of time given.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

What's New

FFA Superbowl Fundraiser

• Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

In Comparison

In Comparison: What Eva Ballard Thinks

• Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

Student Opinion

Shrunken Heads: Real or Not?

• Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

Student Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Linnea Hribernick

• Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

What's New

In A Cairn Perspective

• Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

White Walls

Chapter 4

• Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

Pet Spotlight

Pet Spotlight- Fluffy

• Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

Student Life

Does it Stay or Does it go? Vending Machine Edition

• Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

Student Life

P.S.A: Ping Pong Table

• Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa

What's New

Friendiquette

The Student News Site of Seward High School
Senior Spotlight: Laurel Correa