Mr. Machismo

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. Machismo

Laurel Correa, Opinion Writer

The news is out, and his fans can see he clearly doesn’t want to disappoint. And now many women in Japan are attracted to the Russian autocrat’s unabashed machismo, which is why the 2019 calendar is now kicking off, featuring the 66-year-old Russia president in various states of shirtlessness.

To continue, this year, Vladimir Putin’s calendar’s are leaving the shelves faster than ever before. Photos of Putin can be seen dipping into an ice cold lake during January, as well as playing hockey in February, and even letting loose in the snow with dogs in December.

Although the popular Japanese news sites such as “The Japan Times” have theorized that many women were buying the calendar as a “practical joke,” The Guardian (another well known news site) claimed Putin’s “machismo” is so incredibly attractive to Japanese women that the autocrat’s calendar is currently outselling even the country’s top movie athletes and stars!

After reading this article, I decided to ask the female students of Seward High School the simple question: “Do you find Vladimir Putin attractive?” Most all students were taken aback by the question; 8 out of 8 answered “No.” Few asked of the reasoning for this question and were then told of the Japanese women’s opinion, which made most laugh and some more than a little unbelieving.

Based on this small amount of evidence from the few people questioned, it wouldn’t be accurate to say all Seward girls think the complete opposite of Japanese women. However, if you think otherwise, leave a comment and let me know.

Source:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vladmir-putin-calendar-bestselling-japan_us_5c17e48ee4b0856e3a15ab62