SHS Today

• Register for KPC spring classes now! See Jackie Marshall for details.

• 2nd semester classes on PowerSchool. See Martha for any changes.

• End of the semester is December 20th. Make sure you're up to date on your classes!

• The High School greenhouse is selling houseplants, herbs and potted vegetables. Call, email or stop by room 105.

• Yearbooks are on sale! $50 w/out customization. $55 w/ customization.

• FFA chapter starting in Seward. Talk to Tate Barhaug or sign up in the office.

• Interested in a mentorship? See Mrs. Ransom in the library office!

Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

Back to Article
Back to Article

Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

nichememer

nichememer

nichememer

Fashion Police

You may not be aware the fashion police are on the move! We are your resident experts, and you better respect us.  Wearing cliches and following trends just to fit in is what we aim to end. Be yourself, and don’t wear the clothing listed below just because it’s popular.

1.The first clothing item we would like to bring to the attention of Seward High School is the “Xtratuf.” The “Xtratuf” boot is overrated on many levels. First of all, for classic Xtratuf rain boots, you are forking over $99 for a mediocre boot that barely keeps your toes warm throughout the winter. It only gets worse; you may have seen the boots with patterns. These Xtratufs reach a staggering $120. You’re paying over $100 to wear the same rain boots everyday INSIDE NO MATTER THE WEATHER. The only return you’re getting from these boots are sweaty feet and new levels of basicness.

2.Everyone hates saggy pants. The reasons they aren’t fashionable are so obvious that instead of attacking the appearance of them, we are going to present logical reasons against wearing them. First of all, they just aren’t comfortable. This is because when pants are sagged the movement of the person wearing them is restricted. This restriction leads to the classic saggy pants walk. Second of all, they make people view you in a negative way. Although you may sag your pants and be a great person, this trend gives off the vibe that you are sloppy. There is also the negative connotation surrounding big pants that someone wearing them could be hiding drugs or guns. This fashion trend might be the worst because not only does it make you look bad, it also affects your reputation.

3.The last fashion trend we would like to discuss are itty bitty glasses. You may have seen these on stars such as Beyonce and Kylie Jenner. Simply from several stars wearing them, they have become one of the biggest trends of 2018. Itty bitty glasses do nothing to protect eyes from UV rays. They are also massively impractical, as they have the potential to fall off your face with every movement. Wearing a certain style of glasses just because your favorite celeb does (despite how ridiculous they look) is unoriginal and a complete waste of money. Using throwback trends is a great way to elevate your outfits, but please leave itty bitty glasses in the 90’s where they belong.

You have the right to wear whatever you wish; however, if you are going to wear something wacky and weird, be original about it. No one likes someone who adapts a trend when it’s popular just to gain clout, then rapidly ditches it. Be yourself, express yourself, and if you want to wear something ugly, do it because you want to–not because Kim Kardashian does.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils”

1. Daisy Terry on November 16th, 2018 9:05 am

At least Xtratufs are functional, unlike birkenstocks which just get your feet wet and show your mismatching socks.

2. jswander on November 16th, 2018 9:07 am

As a gerbil, I’m offended!!

3. elmo lackey on November 28th, 2018 9:54 am

whoever wrote this is wrong i sag my pants because it was way more comfortable and shii makes me look mad dope also dont judge people cause they sag there pants thats dumb asf like ima good dude unless i dont like you

4. anonymous on November 30th, 2018 2:03 pm

Do you know how to spell? How about speak? Also sagging originated in prison…use your imagination to find out why. @elmo

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

White Walls

Chapter 4

• Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

Zodiac Jack

Dylan the Scrooge’s Christmas Cheer

• Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

Pet Spotlight

Pet Spotlight- Fluffy

• Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

A&E

White Walls – Chapter 3

• Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

Daisy's Picks

Under the Dome: Book Review

• Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

A&E

Palette 2

• Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

Zodiac Jack

The Galaxy’s Effects on YOU! 11/5-11/11

• Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

Zodiac Jack

The Galaxy’s Effects on You! 10/1-10/7

• Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

A&E

White Walls – Chapter 2

• Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils

A&E

Pet Spotlight — Roxy

The Student News Site of Seward High School
Y’all Be Dressin’ Like Gerbils