SHS Today

• Track Boroughs May 11th

• Senior BBQ & parade on Wednesday 15th

• Music collective concert May 14th 6:30pm

• Graduation will be held on Monday May 20th! Congrats Class of 2019!

• Awards night will be held on Wednesday May 15th.

Holiday Style Guide

Back to Article
Back to Article

Holiday Style Guide

Fashion Police

The holiday season is the best and worst time of the year. It’s a time where everyone can get together and focus on what really matters-this translates into parties, giving the most extra gifts possible, and attempting to dress better than everyone else in the room. This guide will give you the upper hand going into all your holiday occasions, and will ensure you are the center of attention, no matter the events you are attending.

The first occasion that must be addressed is the ugly sweater party. The ugly sweater party is controversial to say the least. Wearing something ugly to improve your style feels wrong; however, the fun outweighs how ridiculous you look. For this party we recommend your cheesiest, ugliest, and most cringe-inducing sweater. Pull all the stops and have fun.

Christmas dinner is a tricky situation. This is because often time you are aiming to impress family and friends (which are usually the most judgmental people you know). You want to look nice, but you also want to–in most cases–remain classy. For an optimal dinner outfit, we recommend a nice sweater and pants (possibly a skirt depending on your personal style). A sweater is the best of both worlds because it gives an air of sophistication while also leaving you comfortable during that loooong family time.

Holidays bazaars can be a fun and relaxing alternative to classic shopping. They allow a break from malls and give you an opportunity to support local vendors. For a holiday bazaar, it’s recommended you dress comfortable, but also dress classy as you will be seeing many familiar faces. The perfect mix is the sweater dress. It allows comfort but also the right amount of dressy.

Work parties are a little bit difficult. On one side, you want to look professional, but you’re also attending a party. Our recommendation is a nice pair of dark jeans (no rips or holes), a nice blouse or shirt, and some form of an overcoat. This is professional and still a little bit fancy. Perfect for impressing your terrible coworkers.

Our last and favorite occasion is New Years. It is necessary that the fireworks, sparkles, and confetti do not outdo your outfit. You want to be the center of attention among all these flashing lights. Pull out your most gimmicky dress. We’re talking sparkles and sequins galore. Ensure you’re all anyone will be looking at, even among the fireworks.

With these outfit suggestions, you will be the best looking gal around this holiday season. No matter which events or holidays you celebrate and attend, remember put your comfort first and try not to get too sucked up in the competition that can be the holiday season. Happy Holidays!