BIGBALLIN Update (C-team and JV)

Sophia Dow, Reanna Brewi, Staff

The end of the Seward High School basketball season is approaching quickly. Girls C-team played their last games at Homer High School winning two of their three games. While the boys and girls JV prepare for their final games of the season, they continue to work hard.

Freshman, Rowan Bean stated “[she’s] upset the season is over because [she] didn’t get to play in many games due to an injury,” but overall she’s “happy with how the season went.” Going on trips and “connecting with the team” are just a few of the memorable things from this season.

Although junior Jonah Lindquist enjoys playing basketball and “being with friends,” he’s “kinda glad it’s almost over,” so he can have some more time on weekends.

All the teams have grown in their own ways this season. Part of this is due to “[being] able to practice more and have better communication.” Freshman Shelby Siminski continued to explain, “also, [they] were able to learn more about games and the different plays.” This led them to “win some games.” 

Junior Bjorn Nilsson stated that “since last year people have been moved up to varsity and [they’ve] adjusted well, but [they] still have a lot of stuff [they] need to work on.”

This weekend, both girls and boys junior varsity and varsity teams will play region rival Kenai. Nilsson let us know this is not a game you would like to miss, stating, “We want to beat them as we lost to them last game. It was a pretty bad defeat because we were ahead, and then in the last half, they started to win and destroy us, so we want to come back with a vengeance this weekend.”

Be sure to come out this Friday, 2/22. This will be the last home game before regions. It will also be senior night. Show some love for the Seahawks and be some rowdy rooters this weekend.