The Student News Site of Seward High School

SHS Today

• Track heads to Homer 4/12
  • Prom is April 26th! Be there!
  • Watch the first show of Alice in Wonderland April 5th @6:00 p.m!
  • Early Release 4/12
  • Watch the newest episode of Super Sick Seahawk News!

SHS Today

SHS Today

Senior Spotlight With Hailey Ingalls

Hailey gathers ingredients to bake a new masterpiece (Stella Dow )

Senior class president Hailey Ingalls is a driven, hard-working, and successful student-athlete. She loves hiking and camping and can often be found making a “great cup of coffee” or baking some delicious treats. 

A fellow journalist, this year Hailey brought back “Super Sick Seahawk News,” a series of entertaining and silly episodes that feature numerous interviews. She also took on the big task of putting together the senior section of the yearbook the hard work and dedication put into this should not be overlooked. 

If you are familiar with Hailey, you know how much she loves to engage in sports. She has competed on the cross-country, skiing, basketball, and track and field teams. However, her favorite is cross-country running, “because of the team dynamic and the longer-distance trails.” These last two years were particularly special not only did she get to train and compete with her younger sister Juniper, but she also led her team into two consecutive first place titles. Hailey wrapped up her senior cross-country season with a third place spot at state and was named “runner of the year.” She hopes to continue embracing this passion in years to come, whether it’s at a competitive or coaching level.

Hailey runs fast on Seward’s home cross-country course

After high school, Hailey has a few different options. One possibility is attending UAA and running for their XC and track teams as she studies business and culinary. Alternatively, she could attend college and join a running club with the intention of racing the Alaska Mountain Running Grand Prix, which is a series of different mountain races across Alaska, all while working for her uncle’s building company. Ultimately, she is inspired to open her own coffee shop right here in Seward, Alaska, which isn’t as surprising as it sounds since she was just voted “coffee addict” by her senior class! 

Hailey is full of stunning surprises. You would expect a right-handed person to brush their teeth with that hand, yet Hailey peculiarly brushes with her left. If you ever feel like taking her on in a round of ping-pong, think twice as she claims to “dominate” at the game. If you are still not impressed, Hailey can also play the piano, and most importantly, she aspires to juggle. 

When asked what she will miss most about Seward High School, she replied, “laughing with my classmates and participating in all of the sports.”

Congratulations Hailey!

View Comments (1)